WAMU 88.5 depends on its community of volunteers to answer telephones during its membership campaigns. We are able to keep our volunteers energized because of the in-kind food and beverage donations that are provided by local caterers, restaurants, and national chains. By providing an in-kind donation, you have the opportunity to make a unique contribution that may be eligible for a tax deduction, without a cash commitment, and receive on-air mention. More information about the WAMU In-Kind Food Donor program can be obtained by contacting Anthony Washington, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or 202.885.1254.
In addition to the Membership Campaigns, WAMU 88.5 holds a variety of events throughout the year. Some of these events include the Volunteer Recognition Dinner, Major Donor Receptions, Kojo In Your Community, and Diane Rehm pre- and post-cruise receptions, to name just a few.
2013 Winter Membership Campaign In-Kind Donor’s
A special thank you goes out to the following restaurants, caterers, personal chefs, and businesses for providing an in-kind donation during our 2013 winter membership campaign:
Levels of in-kind support
Please consider these varying levels of in-kind support, and if you'd like to help WAMU 88.5, please indicate the level of support to which you can commit:
I am willing to provide an in-kind donation to two Membership Campaigns, and one other WAMU 88.5 event (e.g. volunteer training, Major Donor reception, or other).
I am willing to provide an in-kind donation to one Membership Campaign per year, and one other WAMU 88.5 event (e.g. volunteer training, Major Donor reception, or other).
I am willing to provide an in-kind donation for one WAMU 88..5 event (volunteer training, Major Donor reception, or other)
Note: All in-kind donations (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, beverages) should accommodate a minimum of 50 people.
Have a question or another idea? Get in touch with us and let us know.
Without the support of our members and the business community we would not be able to enjoy the success that we do.
Become An In-Kind Food Donor
Sign up online or download, print, and fax our food donor form (PDF, 15KB).
Benefits & Recognition
Whenever you provide an in-kind donation for our volunteers and staff, during one of our membership campaigns, you will enjoy the following benefits and recognition:
- Acknowledgment in WAMU 88.5's eNewsletter, distributed to more than 20,000 members.
- A link to your business website (or, if you don't have a website, your phone number listed) on our website.
- Five, 15-second on-air mentions. Your five mentions will be read from 6 am to 6 am in a single 24-hour day during the weeks following the campaign.
- Recognition in WAMU 88.5's Volunteer Newsletter that goes out to more than one thousand of our volunteers.
- Signage acknowledging your business above our serving tables. Many of our volunteers support those who support us. You are also welcome to provide business cards and menus to be displayed.
- The chance of being selected and featured on our website as the In-Kind Donor of the Quarter.
- Your support may qualify for tax deduction; please consult your financial advisor.
More information about the WAMU In-Kind Food Donor program can be obtained by contacting Anthony Washington, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.885.1254.