A patient in Germany had a combination of puzzling symptoms: heart failure, blindness and swollen lymph nodes. He was referred to a diagnostic specialist, who happens to be a fan of House. He was able to make a diagnosis based on an episode. The problem: cobalt poisoning from a hip replacement.
When you give to WAMU, your tax-deductible membership gift helps make possible award-winning programs such as Morning Edition, All Things Considered, The Diane Rehm Show, The Kojo Nnamdi Show, and other favorites.