Early voting begins today in D.C. Voters looking to beat the lines on election day can now cast a ballot at 1 Judiciary Square in downtown D.C.
Voters can go to the Old Council Chambers in the square from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. cast a ballot for the next two weeks leading up to the election.
Starting next Saturday, D.C. will open up seven other early voting centers — one for each ward. Those locations are:
- >Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW
- Takoma Community Center
300 Van Buren Street, NW
- Chevy Chase Community Center
5601 Connecticut Avenue, NW
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center
1100 Michigan Avenue, NE
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center
201 N Street, SW
- Dorothy Height/Benning Library
3935 Benning Rd. NE
- Southeast Tennis and Learning Center
701 Mississippi Avenue, SE
Come Nov. 6, D.C. has same-day registration, so residents can register and cast ballots at polling precincts on Election Day and at early voting centers, but they will be marked and counted as special ballots.