The fire in at the 6300 block of Carrington Court is under investigation by the Prince George's County Fire Department.
A two-story duplex fire in Capitol Heights Wednesday killed a 5-year-old girl and her 15-year-old uncle, leaving only the 24-year-old father alive and in critical condition.
The fire was a result of an overloaded electrical unit and has been ruled as an accident. It began in the first-floor
living room just inside the house's front door, according to the Prince George's County Fire Department. The family living in the attached home has been displaced.
The girl and her 15-year-old uncle were suffering from severe burns when they were pulled from the home Wednesday afternoon, according to the Associated Press. The girl died a few hours later, and the boy, Rickey Cole, succumbed to his injuries at the Medstar Washington Hospital on Thursday afternoon.