Fire officials in Baltimore say exhaust fumes from generators outside the city's main post office complex led to high carbon monoxide levels this morning that made a number of employees ill.
A fire department spokesman told the Associated Press that two people were taken to hospitals and 58 others were evaluated at the scene. He says firefighters first responded to a report of a fall at the building about 8:30 this morning and discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide after other employees began reporting symptoms.
He says investigators believe the fumes came from generators outside the building that activated following a power outage a few hours earlier. The building was evacuated and ventilated.