Cooling centers are open throughout the region for people who may be without power. Here's a list:
- Open Door (Women) 425 2nd Street, NW (North Entrance)
- 801 East Shelter (Men) 2700 MLK Ave SE
- New York Ave. Shelter (MEN) 1355-57 NY Ave. NE
- Adams Place Shelter (MEN) 2210 Adams PL NE
- John Young Shelter (Women) 425 D ST NW
- DC General Building #9 (Women) 1900 Mass Ave SE
- Virginia Williams/Families 920 A Rhode Island Ave NW
Senior Citizen Cooling Centers:
- Arthur Capper 900 5th Street SE
- Carroll Apartments 410 M Street, S.E.
- Fort Lincoln 2855 Bladensburg Road, N.E.
- Garfield 2301 11th Street, N.W.
- Horizon House 1150 12th Street, N.W.
- James Apartments 1425 N Street, N.W.
- Knox Hill 2700 Jasper Street, S.E.
- LeDroit 234 W Street, N.W.
- Sibley Plaza 1140 North Capitol Street, N.W.
- Regency House 5201 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Pools open until 8 p.m.:
- Banneker, 2500 Georgia Avenue, NW
- Barry Farms, 1223 Sumner Road, SE
- Fort DuPont, Ridge Road & Burns Street, SW
- Francis, 25th & N Streets, NW
- Jelleff , 3265 S Street NW
- Randall, South Capitol & I Streets, SW
- Upshur Recreation Center, Upshur Street & Arkansas Avenue, NW
- Harry Thomas, Lincoln Road & Seaton Place, NE
- Artisphere (1101 Wilson Blvd)
- Walter Reed Community Center (2909 16th Street S.)
- Madison Community Center (3829 N. Stafford Street)
- Dept. Parks & Rec Trades Center (S. Taylor Street, just off S. Arlington Mill Dr.)
- Pentagon City Mall (1250 S. Hayes St.)
- Aurora Hills Library (735 S. 18th St.)
- Central Library (1015 N. Quincy St.)
City of Alexandria:
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Barrett Library, 717 Queen St.
- Beatley Central Library 5005 Duke St.
- Old Town Pool (1609 Cameron St.), open from noon to 7 p.m.
- Memorial Pool (901 Wythe St.), open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(The rest of the Alexandria City pools are closed.)
Fairfax is experiencing power outages in many of its facilities and is recommending residents call ahead before going to any community cooling center. Follow the county's Emergency Response blog for updated information.
Prince William County:
Prince William County is experiencing power outages in many of its facilities and outages of its 911 emergency call system. The county recommends residents go to a fire station to report an emergency.
- Senior Center of Leesburg, 102 North Street NW, Leesburg
- Douglass Community Center, 405 E. Market St., Leesburg
- Carver Center, 200 Willie Palmer Way, Purcellville
- Sterling Community Center, 120 Enterprise St., Sterling
Prince George's County
- Baden Community Center, 13601 Baden-Westwood Road, Brandywine
- Camp Springs Senior Activity Center, 6420 Allentown Road, Camp Springs
- Glassmanor Community Center, 1101 Marcy Avenue, Oxon Hill
- Kentland Community Center, 2411 Pinebrook Avenue, Landover
- Prince George's Plaza Community Center, 6600 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville
- Curry Sports and Learning Complex, 8001 Sheriff Road, Landover
- Show Place Arena, 14900 Pennsylvania Avenue, Upper Marlboro
- Suitland Community Center, 5600 Regency Lane, Forestville
Until 5 p.m.:
- Accokeek Library, 15773 Livingston Rd., Accokeek
- Bladensburg Library, 4820 Annapolis Rd, Bladensburg
- Beltsville Library, 4319 Sellman Rd, Beltsville
- Laurel Library, 507 7th Street, Laurel
- Hyattsville Library, 6530 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville
- Richard Montgomery High School, 250 Richard Montgomery Drive, Rockville
- Clarksburg High School, 22500 Wims Road in Clarksburg
- White Oak Recreation Center, 1700 April Lane in White Oak