WAMU 88.5 : News

Filed Under:

Rockville Boy Seriously Injured In House Fire

Play associated audio


A 10-year-old boy was critically injured Monday morning after faulty wiring for an electric dryer ignited a blaze in his Rockville home.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooniesphotos/4867061479/
A 10-year-old boy was critically injured Monday morning after faulty wiring for an electric dryer ignited a blaze in his Rockville home.

Firefighters in Montgomery County say wiring feeding an electric dryer caused a fire that has left a 10-year-old boy with critical injuries.

First-responding firefighters from on the scene encountered heavy smoke in the house.  Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services pulled the boy from a burning house in the 200 block of Elizabeth Avenue in Rockville Monday morning. The boy was unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. He remains there with critical injuries.

Following the incident, firefighters will be going door to door to check smoke alarms and to talk with residents about fire safety.

View more videos at: http://nbcwashington.com.

WAMU 88.5

Art Beat With Lauren Landau, Aug. 4, 2015

You can see two exhibits and rub elbows with the artists behind the work.
WAMU 88.5

The Surprising Roots of Barbecue

We speak with culinary historian Michael Twitty about the roots of familiar southern dishes in African and Native American food traditions.

WAMU 88.5

President Obama's Iran Speech

Veteran journalist Marvin Kalb joins us to discuss the parallels between JFK's nuclear disarmament speech fifty years ago and President Obama's speech on the nuclear deal with Iran.

NPR

Sexist Reactions To An Ad Spark #ILookLikeAnEngineer Campaign

After being surprised by online responses to her appearance in a recruiting ad, engineer Isis Wenger wanted to see if anyone else felt like they didn't fit a "cookie-cutter mold."

Leave a Comment

Help keep the conversation civil. Please refer to our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct before posting your comments.