Daytime Station Support Program
Membership Campaign Program
Summer of Service Program
Firefighters were called to the building on Mill Road yesterday to investigate an odor and found a contractor applying a chemical sealant to a locker room floor.
Alexandria fire officials say the fumes from the sealant were causing headaches for workers in the call center and workers were moved to the city's back-up dispatch center. Seven city employees were evaluated, but none required medical assistance.
Authorities say there has been no disruption in 911 or non-emergency services.