28th Annual Filmfest DC
Thursday, April 17, 2014 @8:00pm - Sunday, April 27, 2014 @8:00pm
Confirmed films include:
- From Tehran to Heaven- Abolfazl Saffary, Iran/ Germany
- Love and Lemons -Teresa Fabik, Sweden
- Lakshmi - Nagesh Kukunoor, India
- The Grand Seduction - Don McKellar, Canada
- King Ordinary- David Dietl, Germany
- My Sweet Pepper Land - Hiner Saleem, France-Germany-Kurdistan
- Casa Grande- Fellipe Barbosa, Brazil
- Gare Du Nord- Claire Simon, France
- The Great Passage- Ishi Yuya, Japan
- Ilo Ilo - Anthony Chen, Singapore
- Ladder to Damascus - Mohamed Malas, Syria/Lebanon/Qatar
- White Lies - Dana Rotberg, New Zealand
The Washington, DC International Film Festival (Filmfest DC) returns
to the nation’s capital for the last time April 17-27 2014, celebrating nearly three
decades of bringing award-winning movies to Washington, D.C. theatergoers.
extensive program of over 80 features, documentaries, comedies, shorts, award
winners and discoveries, the District’s premiere film festival will highlight audience
favorite series, Trust No One: Espionage and Thrillers, The Lighter Side and Justice
Matters. Feast Your Eyes will be a special series of full-length features whose fun,
inventive and original stories all revolve around the theme of food.
Row Cinema has been added as a festival venue this year.
Now in its 28th and final year, Filmfest DC is back to celebrate nearly three decades of
bringing thousands of entertaining and thought-provoking films to Washington and to
thank the hundreds of thousands of D.C. film fanatics and volunteers who have attended
the festival over the years.
Cash awards will be given in the Justice Matters and First Feature sections.
Competition films, as well as a complete list of films, special guests and events will be
announced at a later date.
For more information, visit the website at FilmfestDC.org