Public Service Announcements are offered as a community service by WAMU 88.5 FM. They are reserved for non-profit organizations, for publicizing events or services, and for requesting volunteers.
Public Service Announcements can only be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not mail or fax your announcement.
- All potential PSAs be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
- We prefer to get prepared scripts, but you can also send us a press release or brochure. Pre-produced PSAs are not accepted under any circumstances.
- Please include a telephone number that our listeners can contact for more information. We also recommend including a web address and/or an email address.
- No events or services costing more than $50 will be considered.
- Because of their limited audience, PSA's for college or high school reunions and church/synagogue/mosque events will not be considered.
- FCC regulations discourage Public Radio Stations from promoting fundraisers for other organizations, even non-profits.
- Due to the high volume of PSA requests, we cannot notify you as to whether your PSA was aired on WAMU.