Kathleen Allenbaugh is the most recent member of the WAMU 88.5 team, and is responsible for Marketing & Communications, and Digital Media.
She brings over 20 years of experience in marketing and communications in a nonprofit environment. Kathleen’s expertise includes brand management, new product development, marketing campaigns, media and crisis communications, digital and social media, and special events planning. Her work has won regional and national awards.
Kathleen has led multi-disciplinary teams to examine communication styles, habits, and gaps, creating plans to improve communications. Recent accomplishments include development and implementation of a comprehensive communication platform for a staff of 5,000, a multi-year service-line marketing campaign, planning and supervising implementation of several service line websites, direct mail campaigns that have garnered favorable ROI, and planning large-scale fundraising events. She has experience with regional and national crisis communications.
A native of Alexandria, Va., Kathleen is happy to be back home. She holds a Bachelor of Liberal Studies in English and Creative Writing from the University of Mary Washington, and a Master of Arts in Public Relations from Kent State University. She is a member of the Public Relations Society of America and volunteer organizations in Southwest D.C.
- Christopher Lewis, Director of Digital Media
- Christopher Baronavski, Senior Developer
- Luke Hollis, Senior Developer
- Carrie Moskal, Web Designer
- Seth Liss, Online Managing Editor
- Monica Arpino, Web Producer
- Martin Austermuhle, Web Producer
- Chris Chester, Web Producer
- Benae Mosby, Communications Manager
- Kara Merrigan, Graphic Designer and Production Specialist
202 885 1240