Richard Cassidy is a seasoned broadcaster with a broad range of experience in broadcast operations, engineering and information technology. More...
As director of content operations, Dick has led a number of initiatives at the station. He spearheaded the inauguration of WAMU 88.5's successful bluegrass Internet radio station, BluegrassCountry.org, in 2001, and led the expansion of the station to a full-time service on 105.5 FM and HD radio in the Washington area. In 2012, he led the acquisition of two stations in Frederick and Hagerstown, Md., to expand the coverage for Bluegrass Country.
Dick oversees the WAMU 88.5 content operations unit responsible for the quality and consistency of the station’s signature sound and management of the digital technical assets that support WAMU’s on-air, automation and enterprise operations.
Dick has been passionate about radio since his teenage years. At age 13, he operated a neighborhood flea power station. Later, he managed KXLU Loyola University Los Angeles during his college years. After graduating with an electrical engineering degree, he served as chief engineer for stations in San Francisco and Washington, D.C., before helping to launch NPR in 1971. He was the network's first Director and Vice President of Engineering.
Dick is a fellow of the Audio Engineering Society, a life member of the Society of Broadcast Engineers, and recipient of an Engineering Award from the Association of Public Radio Engineers.
- Chris Teskey, Senior Music Producer
- Jerad Walker, Production Coordinator
- Karen Munson, Content Operations Manager
- Cliff Gallagher, Traffic Manager
- James Zelaska, Program Coordinator
- Michael King, Traffic Specialist
- Morgyn Vernon, Traffic Associate
- Kellen Quigley, Special Assignment Producer
- Virendra Silva, Network Systems Administrator
- Paolo Belarmino, Network Systems Administrator
- Pavlo Myakishev, Senior Help Desk Analyst
- Brian George, Help Desk Analyst